Friday, July 27, 2012

From My Closet - July 27th, 2012 - Accessories - The Urban Closet ...





I have a drinks date ce soir with a very tall, very glamourous fox, so I thought I'd break out this top tonight. It's sheer and breezy - perfect for summer evenings sitting on teraces and such. Until this lightweight jersey pencil skirt came along, I wasn't loving it paired with many of my other items, but I think I've found a good match.


Because the skirt is three-quarter length, it works well with the asymmetrical top, and the slimness of the skirt gives the flutter of the split-sleeve full reign to play. And I do love me some leopard, especially in the greyish-blue tones. Feels snazzy. I added my belt with the blue rhinestones (though it didn't really need it) to help draw the eye to the centre of the outfit, and for colour-repetition, and the blue sling-backs because I love to wear them whenever I possibly can. Nothing at the neck - there's enough going on with the fancy sleeve action. Whoa, le.


Someone once said me, "You can't wear wear blue with black, you'll look like a bruise." And since he is badly dressed anyway, I never did heed his advice, and I'll wear what I wanna. Because anyway, he's totally wrong. CAN TOO! in the right tones and applications. Totally.


I feel a little bit Flintstones in this top, with the 50's-esque shoe, skirt length, and black straw purse. Like, Jackie O. meets Ann Margrock. Whatever. I can dig it.


The whole thing makes my body appear longer, which is never a bad thing. Bring on the tall people - I'm ready! *flutters away*




leopard tank with split-sleeve - Bedo, $49 $25 (sale)

black cotton pencil skirt - Costa Blanca, $12.50 (sale)

rhinestone belt - Gap, (ancient)

blue sling-backs - Pegabo, (ancient)

black straw purse - Hogg Hardware, (ancient)

blingy things - blingy places, cheap as chips




Source:


http://www.urbanmoms.ca/urban_closet/2012/07/from-my-closet---july-27th-2012.html






via The News from http://celebritiessplit.blogspot.com